Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Cartoons and Comic Strips

The ToonDoo application was super easy to work with and I've had prior experience working on this particular application. It was also easy to save the comic and keep in a file to save in case I want to use this comic strip. The only negative thing about this site is the lack of selection of characters, backgrounds, and props. Of course, the orientation to allow for movements and facial expression is tough to do unless the user goes through the selection of characters to find the right movements they need for the comic strip.

 The Pixton site was the easiest to operate due to the single step by step virtual instructions that made it simple to create a comic strip. I could save my comic strip without any issues which is great in case I need to edit it later. I liked the variety of backgrounds, characters, and props on this site versus any other site that I used. So, if anyone has to make a comic strip I would tell them to use this site over the others.



The MakeBeliefsComix website was an epic fail and not very easy to create a comic strip. I had to do figure out how to arrange characters and word clouds were a pain to work with too. This was my least favorite site that I had to use. So, I would advise against using this website because it's not user friendly, no instructions on how to use, and no saving capabilities.

These websites that I got to use gave me a new perspective on how to use the comic strip application in order to teach my students or have other teachers use it in their own classroom. We can easily use the comic strips to send out our message or give students the liberty of using it to display their own message over a learned concept. I find that these comic strip websites will allow any teacher to display their rules and expectations easily through a comic-like style.

Tellagami: Where the Red Fern Grows.


4 comments:

  1. I love your comics! The last one would be fun for students to color and make their own! I can't wait to introduce these to my future students that visit me in my future library!! The Tellagami is great too! I've used them before this class and I had forgotten about it! Glad we were reintroduced to the app!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you made three different comic strips! I purposefully made the same comic over and over for the three programs to see how they each compared. I much prefer looking at your variety! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your comics. I went in to this assignment a little lost -- I wasn't sure what my comics would be about. I actually got ideas looking through the array of characters and settings (rather than looking for specific people/animals to tell a story). I think these sites would definitely challenge students to do some creative thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comics took me a bit to figure out but once I was done I was very proud of my work and I think the children will be too. The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete