Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Screencasts, Instagram, and Flipagram


Screencast-o-Matic


Instagram.com


Flipagram

All three programs are well worth a try and deserve to be practiced. I'm still need to work on my screencast-o-matic skills, but I can see how it's beneficial to use when presenting to class via computer. I believe my professors from Sam Houston State University have used this site to produced some of their lectures.
I'm not good with Instagram, but I can see how this web app can be used to brag about student achievements, school events, or classroom life. The examples of the blog lists and other sites showcase some great examples on how teachers and anyone can use this application.
Now I'm not a fan of Flipagram because I don't see the benefits other then creating a musical slideshow or video. I suppose it would be fun but it slightly complicated with little to no instruction. So, if I had to choose it would be Instagram because of its popularity, easy accessibility, and user-friendly. 

2 comments:

  1. I recall previous professors using screencast-o-matic too! I think it is a great tool if you can get all the information into the time period allowed for the free account. I tend to be long-winded, so I would probably have to splurge on the paid account to utilize it frequently! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way trying to use Flipagram. It was difficult to do anything other than put together a mini video, but on the other hand since I have been using Instagram for a few years now, it was very easy to navigate because of my familiarity with it.

    ReplyDelete