Thursday, November 23, 2017

Podcast


Podomatic was my least favorite site to use to make a podcast. One thing about this site is that you would have to use your phone to record a voice memo, email yourself the voice memo, upload the mp 3 file, and download the file to share. Personally, this is too many steps to create a podcast and it wasn't user friendly. Students would become to frustrated with the process and decide to use something else.

AudioBoom
This site was the very simple to use on your phone and when you were ready to share your recording you would go to AudioBoom site to share your podcast. I liked using this site because it allowed me to use a QR code like I did on the Animoto.com site. Personally, the podcasts can be created and used with the QR code around the library to create a book trailer or highlight, so students could use their smart device to scan the code and listen to the podcast.


Soundcloud
SoundCloud was the next easiest site to create podcast. It was very user friendly and easily to upload and share your podcast. I could see students using this site and AudioBoom more than Podomactic due to the simplicity each webpage. Every student could have opportunities to create their own book trailer, class message, report, or just have fun with the process.

Student's will just need to be reminded that they need to use a smart phone or iPad to make their voice recordings, and then upload to the main webpage to create their podcast. Plus, they need to be aware of online safety before they create their podcast. 



3 comments:

  1. Wow I actually liked PodOmatic because of the steps, maybe because I’m a bit technology challenged and more of a visual person and I liked to see my progress. This ensured me that I was doing it correctly. I guess we need to expect students to think the same way and maybe give them a choice or programs so that they can feel successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The multiple steps of Podomatic were a deal breaker for me as well. In addition, I feel that students would have a hard time utilizing the program because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using voice memo on my phone. I can definitely see personal and school uses for these programs.

    ReplyDelete