Monday, November 27, 2017

Final Reflection

Lord Jesus, I'm glad this semester is about done. This semester was tough with Hurricane Harvey, the school year starting late, and then pushing this course back just to catch up with everything. I must admit this was a quick semester with little to no time to catch up with everything. I'm not a parent or married but I'm a 4th grade teacher with a high amount of low academic students this year. So, needless to say I've been stressed out by all this information and keeping up with my job too.

I will admit even though this course went by super quick I definitely saw a lot of interesting technological applications to use and practice on. I thoroughly enjoyed the comic making activities, creating a Animoto with a QR code attached to it, and the extra credit online communities too. I really want my students to practice and have experiences with Animoto, so my hope is for them to create a book trailer over their favorite book this six weeks. I feel that the students would greatly benefit in creating book trailers, book talks, and the comics would be a great way to illustrate the concept they learned this week. I liked how someone in our class or another section used book covers that had faces as their face for their flipagram. Students would enjoy that activity as well.

Even though, I had a pleasant time with some of the assignments I didn't enjoy the Infographic assignment very much. I guess I felt overwhelmed with template and all the information that I thought I needed to put onto my infographic. Oh well, you win some, you lose some lesson learned. 

This has truly been a whirlwind semester and I'm glad to have picked up some new tricks to use in the classroom. I may try a screencast-o-matic for a lesson or activity, but I haven't decided yet. Thanks again Dr. Gross for this unique semester. 

3 comments:

  1. My favorite activity was Animoto too! I thought that it was easy to use and a really fun program for making book trailers. I will definitely introduce Animoto to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. This has been a very hard semester. It has been a worldwind of one thing after another. I feel there was so much to learn and gather. At the same time, I feel it is probably the semester that I have learned the most. I have several great tools to use. Thank goodness it is almost over. Now on to the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read blog posts regarding this class, I notice everyone has said that the infographic was the hardest and caused the most frustration. While creating my own infographic I kept thinking to myself this is not a very interactive tool. I would prefer to use a short video on Animoto or Sparkvideo to inform by students.

    ReplyDelete